North East India is brimming with landscapes and sceneries that you must see once in a lifetime. The region is known to be a haven for wildlife lovers and adventure junkies but has a lot to offer to travelers of all kinds and ages.
North-east India has gained a lot of attention among the travelers due to its unexplored land and its pristine beauty yet untouched and unbridled by tourists activities. All hail to the natural paradise, because northeast states have always been a dream destination for travelers near and far. And this time we will be guiding you to some best places in Northeast you can venture for a family vacation. Though North East has been perceived as adventurists’ paradise some of its destinations are perfect for a fun-filled family holiday as well.
Guwahati to Tezpur to Bhalukpong - Bomdila
We welcome you to North-East India. We will pick you up from Guwahati Airport or Railway Station. Then drive through the mesmerizing tea gardens of Tezpur, Assam and then Bhalukpung which lies on the foothills of Eastern Himalayas. After entry formalities (Inner Line Permit) you will enter Arunachal Pradesh, Land of Rising Sun of India. Then drive through Zig-zag roads overlooking the swift and dancing ‘Bhoroli’ river you arrive at Tipi, where lies the Orchid breeding Centre, which houses 7500 orchids. And then drive on to Bomdila.
On reaching Bomdila check in to the hotel for overnight stay.
Bomdila to Dirang – Sela Pass – Tawang
Early morning, we will visit the upper and the lower ‘Gompa’ (Buddhist Monastery) at Bomdila. After breakfast, you will depart for Tawang, the blessed land of Monpa’s. Drive through centuries-old Dirang Basti a ‘Dirang Monpa’ tribal village, still retaining its old stone made houses and its colorful inhabitants with warmth in their hearts. En-route encounter Sela Pass, with a height of 13,714 ft, is one of the most visited places in entire Arunachal Pradesh. Before reaching this pass, the travelers are welcomed by another lake, which is known as the Paradise Lake.
Check in at the hotel and overnight stay in Tawang.
Tawang to War Memorial – Madhuri Lake – Tawang
Early morning after breakfast visit 400 hundred years old Tawang Monastery which is established by Lama Urghen Sangpo Bhumthang. It is also the birthplace of His holiness 6th Dalai Lama. This is the second oldest Monastery in the entire world after Lhasa. After that visit Tawang War Memorial which is dedicated to the martyrs of Sino-India War held in 1962, this memorial is nestled among beautiful peaks, which overlooks the Tawang-Chu valley. Also, visit Madhuri Lake where the Koyla movie was shooting.
Overnight stay at Tawang.
Tawang to Dirang
Early morning after breakfast drive to Dirang. En-route encounter Jaswant Ghar which is a home of a warrior, Jaswant Singh who sacrificed during the war that was fought against Chinese soldiers.
Overnight stay in Dirang.
Dirang to Nameri
After breakfast drive to Nameri. The day is free to explore the park on your own. Overnight stay at Nameri.
After breakfast check out from Nameri and drive to Guwahati.
- Rooms on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast at Tezpur and Guwahati only.
- Exclusive a/c vehicle at disposal for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Full day tour with all transfers including airport pickup and drop
- Luxury Taxes, Parking, Toll taxes, Drivers Allowance etc.
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Inclusive of GST
Terms & Conditions Apply
- All water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- There are no 5 star properties in the region and very few with any star ratings at all.
- Most of the hotels are not quite constructed in a hotel manner and are houses converted to hotels.
- The best hotels may also have the most basic amenities.
- Extra Beds are not provided in any hotel instead Mattress and Roll Over’s are provided for extra person in a room.
- There are no lifts in any of the hotels. The guests may have to climb 3 floors to reach their room.
- The hotels do not have electricity backups. In case of power failure one has to adjust with candle lights.
- Water scarcity prevails in almost in all hotels. Mostly the guests get buckets of Hot & Cold water on fixed basis.
- The staffs of the hotels are not professionally trained in hospitality so please expect very basic services from them.
- Fooding is not a problem in the entire region. You can get fresh home style cooked food almost in all the hotels by the local people and not professional Chefs.
- In case of extreme cold weather room heaters can be taken from the hotel on direct payment.
- Guests travelling to Arunachal are advised to carry light woolen clothes during summers and heavy woolen clothes during winters.
- The itinerary flow is subject to change.
- Rooms are subject to availability.
- In case the rooms are not available then similarcategory rooms in similar hotels will be provided.
- Flight tickets are subject to availability.
- In case the tickets are not available for the quoted amount then other alternative dates will be recommended.
- If cancellations are made 30 daysbefore the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.