North East India is brimming with landscapes and sceneries that you must see once in a lifetime. The region is known to be a haven for wildlife lovers and adventure junkies but has a lot to offer to travelers of all kinds and ages.
North-east India has gained a lot of attention among the travelers due to its unexplored land and its pristine beauty yet untouched and unbridled by tourists activities. All hail to the natural paradise, because northeast states have always been a dream destination for travelers near and far. And this time we will be guiding you to some best places in Northeast you can venture for a family vacation. Though North East has been perceived as adventurists’ paradise some of its destinations are perfect for a fun-filled family holiday as well.
Guwahati to Shillong
We welcome you to North-East India. We will pick you up from Guwahati Airport or Railway Station. drive to Shillong the “Scotland of the East”. Visit en-route Barapani Umiam Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills and take you to your hotel for check-in. After a long journey, you can freshen up and relax in your room. The evening is free to explore Shillong city on your own. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Shillong to Cherrapunjee to Shillong
Early morning, after taking breakfast to proceed to Cherrapunjee and visit Mawsmai cave, Seven Sister Waterfalls, Nohkalikai Waterfalls which is the 4th highest waterfalls in World and go to experience the breathtaking views of the Khasi hills and the plains of Bangladesh. After that drive to Shillong, the ‘Scotland of the East’. En-route encounter Elephant falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong to Mawlynnong to Dawki to Shillong
After breakfast full day explores Mawlynnong, also referred to as “God’s own Garden” has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia. Visit the single decker root bridge, watch tower and balancing rock. Drive to Dawki. Visit Dawki, located on the Bangladesh border. Visit the Umngot river. Drive back to Shillong. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Shillong to Sightseeing
After breakfast full day explore of Shillong. Shillong sightseeing. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Shillong to Kaziranga National Park
After breakfast now drives to Kaziranga National Park, a World Heritage Site which is famous for one horned Rhinoceros and takes you to your Eco Camp for check-in. The evening is free for leisure to explore the Nature. Overnight in Kaziranga.
Kaziranga National Park
Early morning explore central area of Kaziranga National park on an elephant safari. Ride an Elephant through the park chasing a unicorn rhino along with a wide range of rare species. After lunch again take the jeep safari to the central area of the park. Overnight at Kaziranga.
Kaziranga National Park to Majuli.
Early morning after breakfast drive to Majuli, one of the world’s largest inhabited river island. You will cross-mighty the Brahmaputra on a ferry to reach this historic Island. Majuli is a rich place in tradition and culture and boasting of glorious past. The Sattras are Vaishnava monasteries established in the 15th century by the saint and cultural reformer Srimanta Sankaradeva and his disciple Madhava is one of the main attractions. Visit Dakhinpat Satra and Auniati Satra. Majuli unfolds a variety of interest to the tourist-rare migratory birds; pottery, ethnic culture and dance forms etc. The evening is free to explore Majuli on your own. Overnight stay in Majuli.
Majuli to Guwahati
Early in the morning after breakfast, proceed to board the ferry and get transferred to Nimati Ghat and then drive to Guwahati. Overnight in Guwahati.
After breakfast check out from your hotel and drive to airport /Railway Station
- Rooms on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast at Tezpur and Guwahati only.
- Exclusive a/c vehicle at disposal for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Full day tour with all transfers including airport pickup and drop
- Luxury Taxes, Parking, Toll taxes, Drivers Allowance etc.
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Inclusive of GST
Terms & Conditions Apply
- All water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- There are no 5 star properties in the region and very few with any star ratings at all.
- Most of the hotels are not quite constructed in a hotel manner and are houses converted to hotels.
- The best hotels may also have the most basic amenities.
- Extra Beds are not provided in any hotel instead Mattress and Roll Over’s are provided for extra person in a room.
- There are no lifts in any of the hotels. The guests may have to climb 3 floors to reach their room.
- The hotels do not have electricity backups. In case of power failure one has to adjust with candle lights.
- Water scarcity prevails in almost in all hotels. Mostly the guests get buckets of Hot & Cold water on fixed basis.
- The staffs of the hotels are not professionally trained in hospitality so please expect very basic services from them.
- Fooding is not a problem in the entire region. You can get fresh home style cooked food almost in all the hotels by the local people and not professional Chefs.
- In case of extreme cold weather room heaters can be taken from the hotel on direct payment.
- Guests travelling to Arunachal are advised to carry light woolen clothes during summers and heavy woolen clothes during winters.
- The itinerary flow is subject to change.
- Rooms are subject to availability.
- In case the rooms are not available then similarcategory rooms in similar hotels will be provided.
- Flight tickets are subject to availability.
- In case the tickets are not available for the quoted amount then other alternative dates will be recommended.
- If cancellations are made 30 daysbefore the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.