North East India is brimming with landscapes and sceneries that you must see once in a lifetime. The region is known to be a haven for wildlife lovers and adventure junkies but has a lot to offer to travelers of all kinds and ages.
North-east India has gained a lot of attention among the travelers due to its unexplored land and its pristine beauty yet untouched and unbridled by tourists activities. All hail to the natural paradise, because northeast states have always been a dream destination for travelers near and far. And this time we will be guiding you to some best places in Northeast you can venture for a family vacation. Though North East has been perceived as adventurists’ paradise some of its destinations are perfect for a fun-filled family holiday as well.
Guwahati to Shillong
We welcome you to North-East India. We will pick you up from Guwahati Airport or Railway Station. Drive to Shillong the “Scotland of the East”. Visit en-route Barapani Umiam Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills and take you to your hotel for check-in. After a long journey, you can freshen up and relax in your room. The evening is free to explore Shillong city on your own. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Shillong to Cherrapunjee to Shillong
Early morning, after taking breakfast to proceed to Cherrapunjee and visit Mawsmai cave, Seven Sister Waterfalls, Nohkalikai Waterfalls which is the 4th highest waterfalls in World and go to experience the breathtaking views of the Khasi hills and the plains of Bangladesh. After that drive to Shillong, the ‘Scotland of the East’. En-route encounter Elephant falls for some breathtaking views. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong to Mawlynnong – Dawki - Shillong
Full day trip to Mawlynnong village also referred to as “God’s own Garden”, which has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia. Visit Balancing rock, Riwai living root bridge, Sky viewpoint of Bangladesh. After sightseeing, head to Dawki. Visit crystal clear Umngot river. Go for Boating. Head towards Shillong. Overnight stay at Shillong.
Shillong to Guwahati
Early morning Check out from your hotel and move to Guwahati. Guwahati Sightseeing. In the evening set out on a River cruise to watch the sun go down the river and see yourself why the river is locally called ‘Luit’- the color of blood. Overnight Stay in Guwahati.
Today check out from your hotel and drive to the airport for your flight back home.
- Rooms on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast at Tezpur and Guwahati only.
- Exclusive a/c vehicle at disposal for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Full day tour with all transfers including airport pickup and drop
- Luxury Taxes, Parking, Toll taxes, Drivers Allowance etc.
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Inclusive of GST
Terms & Conditions Apply
- All water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- There are no 5 star properties in the region and very few with any star ratings at all.
- Most of the hotels are not quite constructed in a hotel manner and are houses converted to hotels.
- The best hotels may also have the most basic amenities.
- Extra Beds are not provided in any hotel instead Mattress and Roll Over’s are provided for extra person in a room.
- There are no lifts in any of the hotels. The guests may have to climb 3 floors to reach their room.
- The hotels do not have electricity backups. In case of power failure one has to adjust with candle lights.
- Water scarcity prevails in almost in all hotels. Mostly the guests get buckets of Hot & Cold water on fixed basis.
- The staffs of the hotels are not professionally trained in hospitality so please expect very basic services from them.
- Fooding is not a problem in the entire region. You can get fresh home style cooked food almost in all the hotels by the local people and not professional Chefs.
- In case of extreme cold weather room heaters can be taken from the hotel on direct payment.
- Guests travelling to Arunachal are advised to carry light woolen clothes during summers and heavy woolen clothes during winters.
- The itinerary flow is subject to change.
- Rooms are subject to availability.
- In case the rooms are not available then similarcategory rooms in similar hotels will be provided.
- Flight tickets are subject to availability.
- In case the tickets are not available for the quoted amount then other alternative dates will be recommended.
- If cancellations are made 30 daysbefore the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.